Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Eskimo kisses? -- jcarolek

Good morning all. I just have a few minutes before heading off to more of my four day meeting, but wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. Yesterday was blustery – very windy but at least the rain had subsided. My daughter went to visit a friend of hers who lives and works nearby and then she returned to the hotel room and made supper for us. What a treat that was! Usually, when I travel I just grab junk to eat, as I am not a fan of eating alone, but also shy away from going out to eat with “the crowd.”

After supper, she left for Richmond and will spend the next couple of days visiting friends there and in Charlottesville. On Saturday, after I play and sing at another wedding, we will get together with my son and his girlfriend and share a meal. Then, on Sunday, my daughter will return to CA and her business. She will have had a great three weeks of travel, seeing family and friends.

Below are two photos. The first is my daughter and the friend she visited in Queens, NY, celebrating their friendship (they had not actually seen each other in more than four years.) The second is of the two of them being silly, sharing an “Eskimo kiss” while the friend’s roommate snapped a photo. I love seeing the girls, once co-captains of their Varsity Field Hockey team, now all grown and making their livings and still having fun when they can find some time to relax together!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

No comments: