Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend -- jcarolek

My weekend started out on a better note than I had anticipated.  Friday, meeting with my attorney at his request, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that he was filing two of the motions I had requested he file.  The first was a motion for reconsideration of the Pendente Lite order, and the second, a motion to SHOW CAUSE, for the telephone threat received 5/5/10.  I don't know why he changed his mind from two weeks ago when last we met, and at which meeting he indicated these motions were not how things were done in this court.

Nevertheless, whether this court shoots me down or not, at least I am trying to get justice from those who, at least I had always believed, are sworn to administer such.  We shall see.  One thing is certain.  My attorney's decision to file these motions, later than I would have preferred but filed nonetheless, gave me a much better outlook for the weekend.

The weather here was HOT both Saturday and Sunday, with temperatures rising into the 90's and humidity thick enough to cut with a knife, but I was out in it, cutting the lawn at the "marital" residence, trimming shrubs, transplanting flowers, planting sunflowers, repairing septic system at the old farmhouse, packing boxes and boxes and more boxes, bringing carloads of these boxes from the "marital" residence to the old farmhouse.  And each afternoon, just as I thought I would surely melt into a puddle, the big dark clouds boiled up above, the winds picked up and the thunderstorms cooled the air.

The "marital" residence is about to burst forth it flowers.  Two weeks from now, I am certain, the garden will be nothing but a mass of yellow flowers.  It truly is a beautiful place, and it is sad that it is just sitting there, not being enjoyed by anyone.  I do hope the court allows me to list it for sale soon.  I'd like to let some family enjoy the summer there, on the pond, in the woods, surrounded by nature.  But for now, I am spending about four hours a day there, keeping everything up, and getting all of my "stuff" moved out.








And, at the end of the weekend now, I can look back and see I did get a lot accomplished.  I have a LOT more to get done, of course, but it was a really good weekend, and for that, I am grateful. 


1 comment:

mixednut555 said...

I just read this AFTER reading and commenting on your facebook posting. There is justice, sometimes it just doesn't come in the form we want or expect. I'm sad for your loss, but I am happy that you don't have to go thru this court stuff any more.
Hugs and many continuing prayers.
Kat