Saturday, June 26, 2010

Slow Days -- jcarolek

Slow days... summer is full of them.  The sweltering heat and humidity just sap my energy.  Each night, as I look forward to another summer day, I have in my mind a long list of things I will accomplish.  Last night was no exception to the rule.  As I laid my head on the pillow, carefully ensuring my right arm was elevated in accordance with doctor's orders, I formulated my list....

Feed animals
Pack eBay orders for shipment
Wash bedclothes
Weed flower garden
Weed vegetable garden
Have Joe drive me to mail packages, run errands in town, etc.
Make supper
Relax...

Well.....let's just say, no weeding got accomplished...bedclothes had to be rescued from the line when a huge summer downpour decided to break up the muggy monotony...Joe did get me to town to run errands, but I tuckered out faster than usual, and supper, well, hotdogs take a lot of imagination, right?

I comfort myself by using such excuses as, "you only have one good arm" and "you can't drive yourself this soon after surgery" but the truth is...it's hot, it's muggy....and I'm LAZY!

Welcome to the slow days of summer...



2 comments:

Nekkid Chicken said...

LAZY IS GOOD! LOL

You have earned it.

Judy's Corner said...

Ahhhh! Good to hear! LOL