Monday, March 31, 2008

Old Lady Night Robe -- jcarolek

Well, I got the call today. My daughter and her boyfriend/technically now fiancee will be getting married at 5:00 pm on Friday, at their little cottage they rent in Louisa, VA. I will be making the three hour drive to witness this moment, and in attendance will also be one of their good friends, and their landlords!

I asked Jen what I should wear for the occasion and she said, "well, I just bought MY wedding dress from Goodwill."

"Oh, that's great!" said I. "What does it look like?"

"Well," she said, "it's like an old lady's night robe."

OMG...OK...never mind, I'll see it when I get there! I have no doubt she will look lovely in it, but I cannot imagine it myself!

So, a bit concerned that this was maybe going to be a PAJAMA PARTY, I asked what she wanted ME to wear. She said I could wear whatever I wanted...but just not to worry too much about it...after all, HER wedding dress cost her $3.50! (yeah, that's my daughter!)

"Oh, and by the way," she said, "I was thinking maybe on Monday....."

I cut her off, "I won't be here Monday, hon."

"Really, where will you be?" she asked.

"On my way to California for a couple of weeks."

"Oh, " she said, "I was going to ask if you would help me with my taxes."

LOL! So, the current plan is to show up in time for their wedding. Witness the event. And then.....spend the next couple of hours filing her taxes! Now THERE'S an alternative to a honeymoon!

No comments: