Wednesday, March 26, 2008

He flies through the air -- jcarolek

I believe I was in second grade when I learned the song in school.
"He flies through the air with the greatest of ease
That daring young man on the flying trapeze
His actions are graceful, all girls he does please,
And my love he has stolen away...."

Funny, I'm sure the words I recall are not precisely correct, but they are how I learned it and how I remember it....and I wonder WHY it was a song taught in second grade???

Another I recall, learned at about the same time, was about a train called the "Dummy"

"I got on the Dummy but didn't

have my fare,
Conductor hollered, "whatcha doin' there?"
I jumped up and made for the door,
But he cracked me on the head with a 2 by 4!

On the Dummy,
On the Dummy line
Rise and shine
Step in line and pay your fine
If you're ridin' on the Dummy on the Dummy, Dummy Line!"

Again, I'm sure the words might not be exact, but that's what I learned....
In Tulip Grove Elementary School.....
In Bowie, Maryland....
In the year 1965...or so....

What on EARTH were they thinking?

Heading out now to "fly through the air with the greatest of ease".....or to catch a ride on the Dummy line....

I'll let you know!

No comments: