Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Outer Banks Fun With the Kiddos

I had so much fun during my impromptu two-day visit to the Outer Banks. Friday, having sustained painful sunburn on my feet Thursday, I was happy we decided to stay poolside, where I could enjoy the antics, but hide under the protection of the umbrella.

Luca: Gakki, you have a giant umbrella!
Gakki: yep, keeps me in the shade.
Luca: yeah, and if there is a BIG STORM you won’t get wet!
(There is that 😳)

We snacked on watermelon chunks and drank minty water, and, while the kiddos splashed and created their water games, Jenn and I relaxed, enjoying steamed shrimp and good conversation, punctuated by the gleeful invitations from the pool.... “look Mama!!!!”

The return drive home last night was easy and waking up to farm life this morning was, as always, rewarding. I enjoy greeting the critters, spiders and all, in the early morning. Their interactions never cease to delight me.

I am, indeed, a very lucky person.

https://www.facebook.com/judy.fletcher.50/videos/10215968886429138/?t=3

https://www.facebook.com/judy.fletcher.50/videos/10215968886429138/?t=3 

No comments: