Saturday, January 7, 2017

January Snow

Well, I was living in denial, while Joe scurried around yesterday preparing for the predicted heavy snow Saturday. I woke up to 7 inches of snow on the ground this morning. We missed a couple of prep details, as I discovered when I went to feed the critters this morning....the blowing snow had filled my boots sitting on the shelf on the back stoop... oops.


So, while Joe started clearing some paths around the property, I donned my hiking boots and spent the day taking care of critters and removing 11 inches of snow from the tarp roofs of our chicken yards. I am so sore and exhausted from essentially boxing with snow laden tarp roofs. That snow is HEAVY and my arms are SORE!





The critters are confused, but they are hanging in there. They spent most of the day hunkered down in their facilities, but at feeding times, they eagerly engaged. Whitey could not wait for me to get her food for her, so she opted to help herself from the feed van.



I hope everyone else was able to enjoy the snow... we are looking forward to another long cold day of snow work tomorrow.

No comments: