Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Raining in Maryland -- jcarolek


I'm traveling again -- taking a required training for work and having a pretty good time.  I know everyone in the class and, since many of us are mainly telecommuters, we don't get a chance to see each other very often.  The class is lively, with excellent discussions and a whole lot of learning going on.  I'm not sure the instructors are always fully appreciative of our particular brand of humor, but, nonetheless, they tolerate us.

The drive up Sunday was a glorious one, weather-wise.  Before leaving town I met my son and daughter-in-law for Mother's Day Lunch in Yorktown.  I think it had been three months or more since we'd shared a meal and we had a good time catching up.  Some of the topics were not the normal fare for a Mother's Day lunch, but they didn't dampen the occasion. 

When I returned home, just long enough to pack for the trip out of town, I discovered my daughter had called, so, on my way here we chatted.  I have to admit, I truly enjoy talking with my grown children.  I cannot imagine having youngsters anymore, and one day I look forward to having grandchildren, but for now, I am completely good with having adult, responsible, intelligent children with whom to converse.  

I was trying to determine if there was a moment that I discovered their transition from the teen/young 20's to what I would classify as truly "adult" and I simply cannot identify such a moment.  I suppose it is just one of those  "ahha" moments when I realize I am no longer explaining and giving advise, and trying to help them with their latest catastrophe on every call... that moment when I realize I am gaining as much insight from their observations as I have always tried to share with mine... and it is one of the best Mother's Day gifts a mother could ask for.

The drive was a long one.  Virginia was fine, with little to no traffic on the back road route I had selected, but once I crossed the bridge into Maryland, it was a different story.  Bumper to bumper traffic the rest of the way was the name of the game.  At least we were moving.  My cohorts who traveled up I-95 were stuck in non-moving gridlock for hours....

I was happy to pull into the hotel, shortly after dark and was checked into my room a few minutes later.  That night I went to bed early (for me) just after midnight, and awakened at 2:33 am, completely at a loss as to where I was.  I did not recognize a thing and it took me what seemed like minutes in that half-awake state to figure out I was in a hotel room!  Too much stress, I suppose.  It takes its toll.

Monday was a long day, and chilly outside, so being stuck inside, even though the sun was shining gloriously, did not bother me at all.  Today, on the other hand, it started raining here around noon and they say we should expect this rainy weather the rest of the week.  Well, I don't much mind.  I have a lot of studying to do and such, so being distracted by lovely weather would not serve me well.  My spirits today are a little better than yesterday when I discovered the latest volley from Conflicted Counsel awaiting me in my Incoming Mail online... today I had no such correspondences, but neither did I have any positive ones from my own attorney... I am afraid he is just not the "go-getter" I need....

So tonight, I will spend my time studying, enjoying the drizzle outside the window.... and looking forward to the days when this whole divorce thing is behind me.




4 comments:

mixednut555 said...

On the divorce, eventually, this too shall pass. My thoughts are with you, Judy.

Judy's Corner said...

Thanks Kat, yes, I know that, as with anything, there is an eventuality to this thing... just know this process, this experience, has changed me forever...

Nekkid Chicken said...

~;>

Thanks for requesting more info. Our fulfillment packages are nice because they offer 100% transparency. You know exactly what you're getting for your money, because you can log into your LotusJump account at any time and check on the work we've completed (and do some tasks yourself if you'd like). The packages are outlined below: Package #1 - we'll optimize 3 keywords for $250/mo by doing: 3 content tasks (we do the copy writing, article submissions, etc.) and 30 linkbuilding tasks (buzz, Q&A, etc.) each month. Package #2 - we'll optimize 5 keywords for $500/mo by doing: 6 content tasks (squidoo lens, article writing, etc.) and 60 linkbuilding tasks (buzz, Q&A, etc.) + basic site audit for 5 primary pages of your website (recommendations can be applied site-wide) Package #3 - a custom quote for full service SEO and social media marketing that includes basic tasks similar to LotusJump as well as more advanced strategies that can be executed by our expert team. Services range from $1,000-3,000/mo. Please let us know which option might be a good fit for your clients and we'd be happy to get started. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks! said...

Well it's good to see things are going well for you. It's always nice to have those pleasant conversations with your children. Have a good day Judy!